Clermont Show Cattle Sale Results
Posted: 8th June 2017
Stakes high for Clermont Show’s cattle sale
Isaac’s leading graziers put their best cattle on show at last week’s Clermont Show cattle sale.
The May 30 event at Clermont Saleyards attracted a yarding of 670 head.
Councillor Dale Appleton congratulated all those involved in another successful sale at the council’s sale yards.
Hoch and Wilkinson’s Jake Passfield said winners from the cattle were of very high standard.
“450 prime cattle and 220 store cattle. Classes ranged from 100-day grain fed to store steers and heifers,” Mr Passfield said.
In the prime section the winners were:
- The Grand Champion Exhibit of the show went to the Burnett family of Monteagle in Clermont with Braford cross 100-day grain fed steer that weighed 725kg and reached 324c/kg to return $2349.
- Champion Grain Fed heifer went to Mac and Gayle Shann of Cantaur Park Clermont with a Droughtmaster Cross heifer she weighed 640kg to make 324c/kg to make $2073.
- Champion Grass Fed Steer went to the Burnett family of Bendemere, Clermont with a milk tooth Simmental Cross Steer weighing 730kgs he made 297c/kg to return $2168, they also won champion pair of the show with milk tooth Simmental Cross steers weighing 632kgs they reached 297c/kg to make $1878.
- Champion pen of the show went to Mac and Gayle Shann from Cantaur Park. Clermont with a pen of five Droughtmaster heifers that weighed 518kgs and made 294c/kg to return $1523.
- The champion grass fed heifer went to the Faint Family of Glenmore in Clermont with a Charolais heifer weighing 590kgs, she reached 295c/kg to come back at $1740.
In the store section, the winners were:
- Michael Borg and family from Calveston won the pen of store steer class with a pen of 15
- Gelbvieh/Brahman Cross steers that weighed 330kgs which made 389c/kg to come back at $1283 their sisters won the pen of 15 store heifer class as well they made 334c/kg for 321kgs to return $1074.
The Belyando Bull Bonanza Helmsman Auction was held in the afternoon and a Moongool Charolais bull from the Price Family in Moongool, Roma topped at $10,000 to Mac and Gayle Shann from Cantaur Park, Clermont.
The next sale at the Clermont Saleyards will take place on Wednesday, June 14.
For further information contact:
Isaac Regional Council PR & Media Officer 0437 297 839